- Legal Documents
- Articles of incorporation and by-laws
- Board minutes or proceedings
- Financial records, specifically audited financial statements
- Correspondence that documents legal transactions, policy, and the life of the congregation
- Reports from ministers, departments and committees
- Biographical information of ministers
- Membership and baptismal records
- Publications documenting congregational history: congregational histories, pictorial directories, pamphlets and flyers.
- Bulletins for special occasions such as anniversaries, building dedication, installation of ministers, etc.
- Photographs of events, buildings, groups and people (identified on the back with a soft pencil)
- Audio/Visual recordings such as worship services, sermons, special events, oral history interviews
- Rare books and periodicals
- Old and fragile materials for safekeeping
The above list is representative of the type of materials congregations should consider sending to the Disciples of Christ Historical Society. If you have questions about items that are not on this list, please contact us to discuss the items in question.
For more information contact:
Shelley L. Jacobs
Disciples of Christ Historical Society
7229 Main Street
P.O. Box D
Bethany, WV 26032