One of our most important services is preserving congregational history. We collect and maintain historic congregational material in our archives. We invite your congegation to preserve its history and send us the material described below.
- Board and Congregational Minutes
Keep these records at least five years before sending to the Society. Copies may be sent annually. Unless they are bound, this material will be put on microfilm.
- Reports of Ministers, Departments and Committees
- Membership and Baptismal Records
Send annually or every five years.
- Charters, Deeds, Constitutions and By-Laws
- Annual Budgets and Annual Reports
- Monthly Newsletters
- Congregational Histories
- Pictorial Directories
- Bulletins for special occasions
Examples of special occasions are: anniversaries, building dedications and installation of ministers.
DO NOT send weekly bulletins
- Photographs of events, buildings, individuals and groups
DO NOT send original photographs or photo albums. Scan photographs and send electronically. Whenever possible, please include the names of people in photographs, the date and location of the photograph, and any other description information that's available.
- Minister Bibliographies
Use this form (PDF) to collect information about your ministers.
Do not send:
- Framed pictures or documents, photograph albums or snapshots
- Cancelled Checks, Invoices, Receipts, Timesheets
- Objects from the Sanctuary, Bibles, Communion Sets
Send material to:
Disciples of Christ Historical Society
P.O. Box D
Bethany, WV 26032
Include the name of your congregation and a contact name, phone number and email address. Please use a shipping method that permits package tracking.